11.10.2008

Up All Night

Tessa woke up at 1:00am and would not go back to sleep no matter what I tried. We fed her.....that didn't work. Rocked her....that didn't work. Finally we brought her into our bed and let her lay down with us. I have company right (Nata from Germany - YEAH) now and didn't want her to wake up. She fell asleep in our bed. It's the first time since she was born that she has slept in the best us. After about an hour I picked her up and put her in her crib, and OF COURSE she started crying again. So as soon as I picked her back up again she fell asleep. I sat downstairs on the couch for a while, but then I got cold and my arm was tired. So I went back upstairs (this is around 5:30am) and propped meself up on pillows and let her sleep in my arms. As you can imagine I was pretty tired and frustrated. Around 6:30am I finally got up, got dressed and then nursed her. When I was done nursing her she looked up at me and gave me one of her huge toothless grins and my heart totally melted.

I love my little bug. Hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight.

By the way, Happy Birthday Grandpa Snapdragon!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

sam said...

Hmm. Must be contagious. Penny woke up about 2 am last night and didn't want to go back to sleep either.

She's gotten to where she likes to smile at me when I'm nursing her too. It's sometimes frustrating because she'll stop nursing to look up at me and smile before getting back to it. It makes it take longer, but it is so cute.