12.02.2012

Thanksgiving

Well - I'm ready for Christmas.  Thanksgiving was a little rough for us this year.  Tessa was off all week, so Omi had her on Tuesday and Thursday and she had a blast.  Ellis threw up Wednesday morning and I ended up not taking him to school.  Although he didn't get sick again. he didn't eat much that day.  Kirsten came over and I made a bunch of stuff for Thanksgiving and Kirsten and Tessa made Dukes of Hazard cookies.  Mom and Dad came over for dinner Wednesday night. 

Thursday was fun, we went over early for breakfast, Bloody Mary's and watched the parade.  Tessa really like the balloons.  Then Mike and Dad took the kids to the playground while the women cooked.....like mad.  We had a wonderful dinner, Tom and Bessy joined us as well.  Everything was really good.

Then shit started hitting the fan.  My stomach was upset and I thought it had to do with the combo of alcohol I had that day (Bloody Mary's, Firefly and Lemonade, wine, etc.).  I got sick once and decided to go home.  I threw the kids in the car, Mike followed.  I have never been that sick in my entire life.  I couldn't stop throwing up.  Mike put the kids to bed, thankfully and they fell asleep fairly quickly.  I finally decided to go to the ER around 2:00am.  So we called Kirsten to come stay with the kids.  She threw up in the car on her way over.  So we called Mom to come over. 

I got out of ER around 4:30am hydrated and medicated.  We did Black Friday shopping at CVS (to fill my prescription - snicker, snicker).  Kirsten was still throwing up, so I gave her some of my medication.  It eventually helped.  Friday was a day of survival for the adults.  Kids were well rested and ready to go.  Kirsten and I were recovering and Mike hadn't slept at all.  I barely remember Friday and Saturday.  My body was very sore and achy from being so violently sick.  I am so thankful neither of the kids had it that bad, Tessa didn't even get a touch of it which is a total miracle with as much time as we spent together.  Mom and Dad got a little bit of it as well, being sick and some nausea.

We all recovered enough by Sunday, though.  I managed to get Christmas decorations up with the help of my awesome sister and husband.  Then everyone came over for dinner on Sunday night and we actually had a really nice, low-key dinner.  The best part was that afterwards, we gave the kids a bath, Mom cleaned up the Kitchen and then we all went outside (kids in jammies) and looked at the lights on the House in the dark.  It was really cute and the kids thought it was awesome.  It was a really nice ending to a long weekend.






No comments: