7.14.2009

MJ Tribute?








Tessa (in honor of MJ?) has started walking backwards. She's really good at it and seems to do it quite a bit. I am always jealous of the other babies when I see them dancing. Music will come on and they just start shaking thier heads, waving thier arms, and stomping thier feet. Tessa never dances and we listen to A LOT of music. It may have been due to the fact that she couldn't hear that well with her ear problems. Well, I saw her "dancing" for the first time this weekend to "Beat It". I was so excited I jumped up and starting dancing with her, at which point she promptly stopped dancing and just watched me. We love music and I love to dance so I'm hoping over the next couple of years we can work on her rythm and style and she may turn into the dancing queen that her mommy is ;)

I have noticed her doing some wierd monkey like moves. She pats her chest with both hands and then puts her hands to her mouth and starts babbling. I'm guessing this is something she has picked up in day-care (either some song they sing or animal sounds). I'll have to ask the teacher if she has any idea. I've also noticed her extending one arm and trying to hook the other one over it. It kind of looks like an elephant trunk imitation. We haven't gotten into the Safari section of her animal book yet so it must be another thing she picked up at daycare. She is like a little sponge and seems to be really doing well in her new class. She is definitely 'talking' a lot more now. It's more of warbled conversations than the repitive dada's and mama's. She's so much fun.
A few of the pictures are from our weekend up at the cabin over the 4th. I LOVE the pic of her with the sunglasses on her head. For those of you that know Mike that is how he ALWAYS wears his, propped up on his head like that. I had to put the pouty picture on here also as people always say how she's such a happy baby and always laughing. Well, she has her moments and this one was cracking me up. She was totally pouting and just sat there with her lip stuck out. It's amazing how they have already learned this trait at such a young age.

No comments: