11.23.2009

Goober

We had a low key weekend this past weekend. Tessa and I both have Sinus Infections, so we just hung out around the house, took our antibiotics, and napped. Tessa is growing so fast and learning so much I can't keep up sometimes. Her new favorite questions is "Where'd it go?" She will use this with a person or an object and ask non-stop until you give her some kind of answer. Most of the time it has a sweet sing-songy melody and sounds so sweet. I have also noticed that she understands a lot more than what she can say. You can ask her to go get something and bring it to Daddy and she will actually go get that item and give it to Mike, eventhough she can't say that word yet. It's amazing how fast thier little brains learn.

She can sing several different songs and is actually quite good at holding a note. She gets the melody right more often than the words. Right now her favorite is 'Baa Baa Black Sheep'. She also likes 'Row, Row, Row your boat', but she gets stuck in a never ending loop of 'row, row, row, row, row, row, .......' and has to be prompted to row THE BOAT.

She can do some many animal sounds now, sometimes she surprises me with new ones she learned in school. The funniest discovery was that with all of the rain we've had lately, I have been using an umbrella a lot. And everytime I say the word umbrella she beats her chest and goes 'AAAAAAAA'. I finally realized that they had learned 'Gorilla' in school and the words just sound a lot alike. I was so amazed. Below is a list of all the animal sounds she can do right now (that I know of)

Cat
Dog
Cow
Horse
Frog
Bear
Lion
Tiger
Owl
Seal
Gorilla
Monkey
Chicken
Pig
Sheep
Fish

No comments: