3.27.2012

Weekend Fun

On the Saturday when Mike was in Nashville I was very brave and decided to let the kids finger paint. I know I should be more open to them exploring new things and developing their artistic talents, but there's something about messy finger paint that makes me a little verklemmt. It was warm enough to do outside on the deck, it took Ellis all of 10 sec. to make the biggest mess and get very little paint on the paper, but somehow got the red ALL over his mouth. Ironically, the results are beautiful. Tessa did a handprint one that came out perfect I am even going to frame it.

Of course the clean-up effort turned into a fun water fight and we had as much fun hosing off as we did painting. Tessa is really into painting, coloring and drawing. She will sit there for quite a while and just color or write her name, etc. It's pretty cool to see a kid sit still that NEVER sits still.





No comments: