11.09.2010

Pumpkin Carving

Ellis wanted to be part of the carving posse. He entertained us and talked to us while we carved. We did a spider this year. It turned out really cool, but in typical Atlanta fashion we carved in a week before Halloween and the damn thing rotted before Halloween. I never did get a good picture of it at night all lit up. I guess next year we carve the day of or the day before Halloween.

Below is Tessa helping me get the seeds out of the guts. I wasn't going to do this at first, but then I realized that it basically occupied her the entire time Mike was gutting and carving the pumpkin. She helped me clean the seeds and place them on the cookie sheet. I love toasted pumpkin seeds.



Daddy showing Tessa how it's done.




'I do it. I do it.'




So much joy in such a simple little task.



'I carry it'




No comments: