11.19.2010

Rough Week

This past week has been a rough week for the Hartley Clan. Last Sunday we went to Bryce's 1st Birthday party at Catch Air. Tessa really enjoyed playing on all of the jumpy stuff and playing the ball pit. Ellis just hung out with me, he still was congested and coughing. On our way home, I got a call from Kirsten (who was very upset). She was driving to Atlanta from Texas (2-day drive) with her three dogs, when her car broke down in Mobile. I left the kids with Omi and drove to Mobile to get her. We drove back Monday morning after dropping the car off at a repair shop. I got this nasty head cold on the way down and have been fighting it all week. I took a couple of days off and kept Ellis home as he was really sick and running a high fever. Monday night he was up most of the night and Tessa woke up at 4:00am and didn't want to go back to sleep. Of course, I don't want to take NyQuil knowing that I may have to get up and tend to kids. On Tuesday I took him to the Doctor and he had an ear infection and is on anti-biotics right now. It must be a pretty severe infection, because he is just now returning to normal. I am pretty exhausted right now. I need a full nights sleep and maybe one nap to get back to normal. Unfortuantely I left a wake of destruction in my path, as Mom is sick and Mike sounds and feels terrible also. So, I'll probably have to nurse a sick husband this weekend.

C'est la vie. Maybe next weekend I'll get to recupperate.

No comments: