1.31.2011

Mr Moose

Ellis' Doctor's appointment went well. He weighed 19lb 12oz and was 29" (I think) long. This puts him in the 40% for weight and 75% for height. Long and lean, I guess. He still had an ear infection, and since he was just on Amoxicillan a month ago, they decided to put him on Augmentin. Tessa had to get tubes in her ear, so if this Augmentin doesn't work, I'm going to request that we proceed with tubes for Ellis. Tessa was on anti-biotics on and off for almost 4 months and I don't want to repeat that with Ellis.

He is flourishing though and his little personality is starting to show. He is really sweet and always smiling and laughing. But if he does not like the food, he will let you know. I spent all day yesterday making him great food with lots of texture, now that he is older and has teeth. One of the dishes I made is Butternut Squash with tomatoes, cheese, and pasta stars. When he woke up from his nap I gave him some to see how he liked it. He kept giving me this andry look and his whole body started shaking. At first I thought he was trying to poop, but he kept doing it. I finally asked Mike to hand me some mango and fed him some bites of that. He happily ate his mango. Every time I would sneak in a bite of the other stuff he would turn red and grunt and shake. They say it takes four times to get them over a new taste they don't like, but we'll see. I hope he likes the Chicken with Leek, Peas and Carrots I made for him since that's his lunch today.

No comments: