1.11.2011

Snowpacolyps

We had some beautiful snow here Sunday night. Unfortunately, it turned to sleet/freezing rain the next day and Atlanta is living in this snow/ice state right now, and it's not supposed to get above freezing until this weekend. School has been cancelled the last two days and just found out it will be cancelled again tomorrow. Mike (and his stubborn ass) got up early this morning and drove up to Tennessee. Although it's snowed up there also, they apparently handle it a little better and life goes on.

I keep joking, but seriously, I may be hiking with the kids to Sandy Springs tomorrow to see Omi and Opa. Being cooped up in the house for this long is irritating. At least while Mike was here, we could take Tessa outside while Ellis napped. Last night before it got dark, all four of us went for a little walk through the neighborhood. It was nice to get out and get moving. I really can't do that by myself.

One of the plus sides is that I have really been able to watch Ellis develop his crawling. It's starting to look a lot better and more effective. The other thing I have notice is that he REALLY loves to stand. He is pulling himself up on everything and trying to cruise. Now on a side note, for those of you without kids, cruising is the term we use for when babies hold on to furniture and walk around. I have no earthly idea where this term comes from, but that it just what they call it. Anyway, Ellis thinks he's hot stuff just standing there and then tries to be fancy and one hand it or bend over and pick something up. Well, his little bow-legs aren't strong enough to hold himself up yet and he invariably tumbles over. He's taken a couple of falls, but bounces back right away. I finally dropped his mattress on Saturday and am so glad I did. He can sit up by himself also now, and yesterday when I went it to get him he was standing up in his crib. I predict he will be an early walker like Tessa. He just loves it too much.

And I can't remember if I already posted this or not, but another milestone he has achieved is that he now has four teeth. He started cutting that top, fourth tooth over Christmas, but you can definitely see it now. He still says Dada all the time and Rara. I'm sure he'll say Tessa, Sassafrass, Gretchen and Eat before he ever says Mama, but so be it.

No comments: