2.15.2011

Derogate or Deride

Here are some funny Tessa stories....



Princess Frog - she really likes this movie and will sing along with most of the songs. Sometimes she even recites lines from the movie (I know, I know, this is probably a sign that she watches too much TV). So the other day we were driving home and she was being a little sassy so I started to tell her that was not nice and she needed to be nice.....before I could finish my sentence she told me in a stern voice "Don't you derogate or deride, Mommy" This is from the movie where Facilier is talking to the Prince and his servant (except the Mommy part). I laughed because I thought it was funny that she remembered that part AND she used it somewhat in the right context.


Tinkerbell - another one of her favorites that she will recite and sing/dance along with. There's this one scene where Tinkerbell decides she doesn't want to be a Tinker Fairy anymore so Silvermist is teaching her to be a water fairy. She decides to show Tink how to take water bubbles and make dew drops on a spider web. Tessa like to act this scene out and was in our bedroom last night pretending to be Silvermist and she picked up the bubble and put it on the web (aka my dresser drawer handle which is really long). She even did the hand motion like Silvermist. Then she asked me where my bubble was. In the movie Tink keeps trying to pick it up, but it bursts before she can get anywhere. We acted out the whole scene together. SOOOO much fun.

1 comment:

sam said...

We tried Princess and the Frog too, but P got scared by the voodoo guy and all the masks and such. She knows Nemo by heart though, and she and Tray often play this came where he'll "catch" her and she'll pretend to squirm out of the tube like Nemo does in the aquarium. I swear she hasn't seen it /that/ many times.