2.15.2011

Spelling

A couple of weeks ago I took a day off and didn't take the kids in to school until 9:00am. When I took Tessa into her class they had just sat down in circle time and the teacher had a flash card with each of the kids names on them. She would hold it up and say "Who evers name this is, please stand up and spell it." Then that child would stand and spell their name. And they actually did a great job. I was so surprised by this. I know Tessa recognizes her name, but didn't know she could spell it. She does it all the time now. When we're driving she'll say "T-E-S-S-A. Tessa" She knows and recognizes all of the letters of the alphabet.

Yesterday when we were looking through her Valentine Cards, I would show her the card and say "Ok, let's see who this is from" And we would spell out the names and sometimes she even recognized who they were "Tiana, Mekel, Samantha, and Chandler" The other ones she could spell, but not really read. I just continue to be amazed by her.

She can also count in German now and the other day we were next to a school bus and she read off the bus number in GERMAN.

No comments: