9.02.2011

Backwards





We have been trucking along these past couple of weeks. The exciting news is that we are getting a new deck. Back in May we had a branch fall on the covered porch part and it did just enough damage, that we decided to tear down the whole thing a replace it with one big open deck. The exposed portion of the deck was in pretty bad shape and needed replacement anyways. I feel a little guilty paying the extra money for a new deck when there are other expenses we could use the money for, BUT I'm am so excited about getting a usable space that will be safe for the kids just in time for fall! There will be a gate and everything will up to code.

Tessa is enjoying her new class and apparently LOVES art. She keeps asking me if she can do Art tomorrow. Her concept of time is cute, everything was either yesterday or last week. She'll say stuff like "I was a baby yesterday" or "We went to the beach yesterday". She's very involved in all of her new Extra Ciricular activities. She's now taking Soccer, Karate and Yoga. They are all at her school, so I don't have to shuttle her around, but I also don't get to see her do them. I think soccer will be good to teach her team work, Karate will build confidence and I think she'll really like Karate, and Yoga is probably more for me. I'm hoping it will teach her some patience, ouija (pron. oooh-jy) breathing, namaste, calm.....we'll see how that one goes.

Ellis is really into animal sounds. Most animals fall into either the cat or dog category, but he also loves sounding like a lion. He will play with the animal book for hours (well, minutes.....but it seems like hours for a toddlers attention span). He loves wrestling with daddy and chasing Tessa. He plays hide and seek with me and will pop out and say 'boo'. He has the cutest little grin. He's also discovered walking backwards. He'll back away from you slowly until he bumps into something or falls down. He also appears to be very athletically coordinated. He loves to throw and kick balls and is pretty good at it.

We are just so ready for fall and some cooler weather and getting to spend more time outside. Mom and I attempted to take the kids to the playground last Saturday morning and we lasted about 45mins (at 10:00am) before the kids faces were bright red and had sweated through their clothes. Fall will be here soon............

No comments: