9.07.2011

How did I fail?

So, Tessa is totally and compeltely obsessed with dresses, pink and purple. She constantly asks Mike if he "LOVES purple butterflies" and only wants to wear dresses. All hell breaks lose when I try to put her in pants. I feel like such a failure. I'm the parent, she should wear whatever I tell her to wear AND I surely did NOT foster the dress obsession. She wore camo shorts and jeans for most of ehr life. Sure, there was an occaisional dress or pink t-shirt....but maybe it's all the attention she got on the rare days she actually wore a dress that she liked (on a side note, does that mean that Tessa is starved for attention?).

I have literally dragged her to school in her underwear because she ripped of her shirt and pants while crying hysterically about how she wants to wear a dress. Sometimes I feel like I am totally out of control, but then they also say to pick and chose your battles. Is it really worth the fight? If she wears a dress, why is that so bad? Why can't she wear pants, like Mommy does every day? why is parenting so hard?

No comments: