2.27.2012

Where did February go?

Holy cow, it's almost March. For some reason, whenever Mike is working out of town the weeks seem to fly by. I can't believe March is knocking on my door.

Mike and I had a great Valntine's Dat Night. We celebrated the weekend before, and Omi and Opa kept both kids overnight for us. I think it's the first time they have had both of them and they had a blast. Mike and I went to our little local Mexican restaurant and it was so nice to just take our time eating. We actually finished our half pitcher of Margaritas for a change and even got one more. It was a really nice, relaxed evening.

The kids had fun exchanging Valentine Cards at school. Although I loathe this practice as neither of them understand what it means and I feel like it's such a waste of cards and crappy candy. Most of it ends up in the trash anyways. But, I guess it gives the teachers in class something different to do and Tessa really enjoyed opening all her cards and of course eating candy (1 piece at night - I know, I'm mean).

On Friday, Tessa and I drove up to visit Aunt Kirsten. She had put together a Good Bag with movies, popcorn, coloring books, and candy (of course). On Saturday we went to the Raleigh Children's Museum and met up with Carson and Kinley (Ellis' future wife) and Kirsten's co-worker's family. Tessa had soooooo much fun she kept wanting to go back. They are just so much fun and obviously totally for kids. One room had this big pig floating above this ball pit and you had to keep "feeding" it these balls and then the belly would open up and the balls would fall on top of the kids. It took a while in between and there was no way of knowing when it would happen, but Tessa sat through it several times. I kept telling her to be patient and she would say "Look, Mommy, I'm being patient" They also had volunteers from the Raleigh Symphony and had several instruments the kids could play (Violins, flutes, french horn, trombone, etc.) Tessa killed it on the French Horn. It's pretty hard to play, but she was doing great. The ladies were really impressed and said that was the best sound they had gotten all day. She said that Tessa was a natural! Great, Tessa's going to be a band geek. Oh well, whatever make her happy.

My good friend, Jessica, from my college days and her husband came over for dinner on Sunday night and it was just fun to catch up. She's getting her PhD in Economics at NC State. Tessa had such a great time and Aunt Kirsten did such a great job making everything kid friendly and fun. It was really nice to get that quality time with just Tessa. Of course, on the flip side, it's the longest I've ever been away from Ellis and I missed him a lot. It was great picking him up from school on Monday. He got a lot of quality time with Mike and spent the night at Omi and Opa on Sunday night. I think he enjoyed having all of the attention as Tessa can be a little dominating in that aspect.

Anyway, February has been fun, exciting, busy and crazy. Let's see what March has in store for us.

No comments: