2.01.2012

Pink Eye

Supposedly Tessa had Pink Eye on Monday. I'm not to sure, since it never actually got pink, just was a little cruddy and she did mention her eye hurt Sunday morning. Either way, the Doctor said she had it so she couldn't go to school on Tuesday. My mom picked her up Monday and took her to the doctor for me (knowing I would be missing Tuesday - thanks Mom, you're the BEST). Tessa must have overheard the someone talking about Pink Eye and proceeded to tell Omi that her eyes were pink now, but they used to be blue. She literally thought that the Iris part of her eye was no longer blue, but Pink.

We had a really good time yesterday. We got up and took Ellis to school, then ran to the grocery store and Dunkin Donuts, where she got a heart shaped donut with heart sprinkles on top. Then, while I did some work from the house, she colored, did some puzzles, and watched a movie. Then we had lunch and took a nap. I got some laundry done and when she woke up we made cupcakes (pink with purple icing of course). While I was cleaning up the kitchen, I told her to clean up the den and we could go to the playground.

She loves to do thing by herself, usually becasue it garners a lot of praise from us. So, she likes to get dressed, but not have us look so that it can be this big surprise unveiling (I know, she's a little on the dramatic side). So, while she was cleaning the den, she kepts saying "Don't look, mommy." Over, and over, and over, and over again. When she was ready she came running in and said "Look mommy, I did it all by self." And she had actually done a terrific job. She even lined up the large trucks like we do against the wall. I almost cried thinking about how self-sufficent she is.

She had an absolute blast at the playground, the weather was a sunny 68, perfect playground weather. Then we went and got Ellis. What a great day it was.



She decided to put on Daddy's pants and go to work to see him. He's working in Nashville right now, so we only see him on weekends and whenever the kids ask for him I just say "He's working right now. He has to work far away, but he'll be home Friday." They seem to be fine with that answer..............for now.

No comments: