6.06.2012

Jekyll Island

OK - I was TERRIBLE this year about taking pictures while in Jekyll. It's so beautiful there, but somehow I just keep forgetting to take pictures. Next time (hopefully I will get to go again) I will take my camera out one day while the kids are napping and just go to town.

We had a wonderful time. I drove down with my parents and the kids and Mike drove down on Saturday since he was coming from Nashville. Had a fun dinner at the Wharf in Jekyll Friday night. My Dad's co-worker Carla and her family were there and Tessa really loved playing with Evan and Katy. When the band started, Katy and Tessa out-danced everyone there. We spent Saturday morning at the pool then everyone took a nice long nap.

We agreed to a Baby-Sitting swap with Carla and Ben, so the first night Carla and Ben went out while we watched the kids and then Mike and I had a really nice, grown-up dinner with Mom and Dad the next night. It worked out great. Our rooms were right across from Carla and Ben so that made it super easy. Tropical Storm Beryl was approaching so we got a little bit of pool time Sunday morning. I had to "work" at the GAPPA Conference Sunday afternoon and the spouses (Mike, Omi, and Ben) took the kids to the Turtle Rescue Center. I think after the pool, this was Ellis' favorite. He still talks about the Turtles. Beryl came ashore Sunday night, although there was minimal damage and some minor flooding, there was spanish moss every where. It's amazing to see the pristine grounds one day and then covered the next.

All in all it was a great trip and can't wait for next year.

Here a few of the pics......

Ellis in the pool with Opa, blowing bubbles. Ellis did awesome. It was his real first time as a grown-up swimming in the pool(he's only 2, but last year he was too young to really swim). He had so much fun and was just paddling his little butt all by himself.





Tessa's Fabulous Purple Birthday Cake for her Jekyll Island Birthday Party.



Her new buddy, Evan. She's totally in love with him and keeps calling him her cousin. She also liked that he knew how to navigate the iPad on his own. Also, thank you Carla and Ben as Tessa now wants her own iPad. I explained that Evan doesn't have his own, it was his Daddy's.







No comments: