8.21.2009

Blinking

Mike like to deliberatly blink at Tessa several times, which she just thinks is the funniest thing. In response, she has started blinking back. It is so cute. I was sitting with her last night and noticed her blinkking at me and when I started blinking back she starting giggling. I told Mike about it and he started laughing and told me that they do that at night together before she goes to bed. I was a little upset that they had this little special game that I didn't know about, but then I realized I have my own little special moments with her.

On a more somber note, one of my dad's best friend, Bob Stiles, passed away yesterday. It was very sudden, he was only 58. My parents had had dinner with him and his wife Olga the night before. They were doing an autopsy to determine the cause, but we have not heard anything yet. THEN, on top of all that, one of my cousin's was in a horrible car accident and is in ICU. The next 48-hrs are critical. It's just amazing how quick something can happen. I want to run to Tessa's day-care and pick her up and just hold her and squeeze her. Last night I just wanted to hold Mike and never let go. It's makes you realize to truly sieze the day (Carpe Diem).

No comments: