12.14.2009

Colors and Counting

I think Tessa has finally mastered colors. She has this puzzle that has shapes in different colors and she now gets them all right. The funny thing, is that on the 1st round she will randomly pick them up, hold them high in the air and proudly proclaim "GREEN". Once she has gotten them all right, she'll start again but this time she'll say the wrong color and then when I say no she mumbles "blue, green, yellow, red". It's pretty funny.

The other thing that floored me this weekend was her trying to count. I actually stared at Mike with my jaw dropped while she was doing it to confirm that I wasn't just hearing want I wanted to hear. She was stacking blocks (the German ones from Aunt Aly - thanks Cat) and while she was stacking them she was counting, and actually got the number 'two', 'four' and 'five' correct. She hasn't gotten the true numbers right since then, but she is definitely trying to count. Once they topple over, she doesn't start from one again either, she just keeps going to ten. And she still can't get the order correct. But she is definitely trying. So now when we read her "Doggies" book instead of emphasizing the different dog barks we are trying to focus on the numbers and counting the dogs.

1 comment:

sam said...

I like your new blog layout. And congratulations again on the new baby. I am so excited for you!