3.31.2010

Cousins

Tessa had an absolute blast with her 'cousins' Jack, Elle and Will this weekend (no, Kirsten has not had three kids...yet. My cousin and her family were visiting). The Tanner family was in town and stayed at my parents house on Saturday night. Tessa got to take a bath with THREE other kids and loved it. I of course did not have my camera, so I have to wait until Kim send them out before I can post some. I took a day off yesterday and we went to the Park with the Tanner's and thier friends Claire and Arik. They have a son, Miles, who is a little younger than Tessa and a new baby girl, Olivia. It was an absolutely perfect Atlanta day...sunny, 70 degrees, and a slight wind. Tessa went up and down the slide so many times, I'm surprised she didn't wear a hole in her pants. She climbs up there all by herself and slides down and then just runs right back. She also like to slide down on her belly (Daddy taught her this).

When we got home, she took a MONSTER nap. I ran to the grocery store and then Omi and I sat on the front porch in our rockers and just enjoyed the weather. It was almost a perfect day. I only wish Mike could have been there. I miss him more and more each week. I think my pending maternity leave and it being summer really make me nostalgic for late summer nights on the front porch drinking some good vino and eating cheese and crackers. It looks like this summer, those opportunities are going to be few and far between.

No comments: