5.31.2010

Ellis

Last week was a really rough week for me. Ellis seemed to cry non-stop and would only sleep when held / bounced. I was really tired and exhausted and a little overwhelmed. Even with Mike home for four days, Ellis seemed to be a handful and I was really frustrated with myself for not being able to properly care for him. I finally managed to re-read most of my "Babywise" book which helped me with Tessa. To this day people always comment on what a happy baby Tessa is. I want that same happiness for Ellis. The good thing is that for the last week, Ellis has slept for a really long stretch at night. Unfortunately it's started around 6:00pm to 7:00pm and last until 3:00am. Then, he's back on his 3-hr cycle. If I can only get him to go down a little later then it really would be a whole night for me. Today, in applying the "Babywise" principals, he has done great. After I nurse him, we have some awake time and then he goes down for his nap awake. Twice he fell asleep without even crying. I'm hoping we turn a new leaf this week and get him on the right track. His congestion also seems to be clearing up and I think that is helping also.

I love my little man and just can't wait to see what the world has in store for him and what his personality is going to be like.

No comments: