8.03.2010

Bed Time

Tessa, as most kids, will use several different delay tacticts at bed time. One of her favorites right now is "Mommy, I go peepee". This is particularly effective as we are in the throws of potty training and it is unwise to ignore ANY reference to potty. So I usually scoop her up, plop her on the potty, 50% of the time she actually pees, and then immediately put her back in bed. I do have a gate at her door that she can climb, but one day she tried to climb it and got her little toe stuck or something (it was during Mike's watch so I did not witness the incident). But since then, she has not tried to climb the gate. She will open the door and dangle or throw stuff over the gate. When she decides to use the peepee tactic, she will also remove her diaper herself. It's good that she can do that, it's bad because.....she can do that. I have to be extra diligent on getting there quickly and going potty.

The other night as I was walking down the hall she was saying "Mommy? Mommy! Mommy I go peepee". What was hilarious, is that she had taken her diaper off and all I could see coming down the hall was her little arm sticking over the gate waving her diaper, as if signaling her distress. I couldn't help but laugh. One night when I went to check on her she was in her bed fast asleep, with her diaper and pants down around her knees and her little naked booty sticking out. Not so sure about this lastest obsession with disrobing.

No comments: