10.29.2010

Insight

I have actually started pumping/nursing again. I just wasn't ready emotionally to give it up and in talking with a co-worker of my dad, it just hit me like a ton of bricks why. I am just not ready for Ellis to grow up! It was very different with Tessa. She is the first child and everything is so new and exciting, and as a parent you just can't wait for them to eat solid food, crawl, walk, talk, etc. But then you realize how fast it goes and how quickly they move from one phase to the next. With Ellis, I feel like I need to hold on to those moments and cherish them because I know how soon he will be moving on to the next adventure. He already has two teeth and rolls all over the place. I'm guessing it also has to do with the fact that I have to share my time with Tessa and Ellis. Tessa had my undivided attention all the time. Now I have to focus my attention to two kids.

I'm also trying really hard to make sure that Ellis gets enough quality time with us. Of course, he would prefer quality time with Tessa. He just stares at her and laughs at her non-stop. It doesn't matter what she's doing or if she's even paying attention to him, he is just in awe of her. I hope they grow up to be great friends.

No comments: