10.05.2010

My daughter

Tessa continues to amaze me. She is getting more and more affectionate. She will say "I wuv you, mommy" (unsolicited) and always wants "fast kisses". She is such a great big sister. Whenever Ellis cries or fusses she'll say "It's OK, baby. Don't cry" and will give him his pacifier. She loves to show him how stuff works or play music with him. In the bathtub she quizzes him on the different colored ducks "What color, Ellis"? She definitely has her sassy moments, but she just melts my heart when she smiles that beautiful smile at me when she wants me to read "Pinkalicious" again. Side bar - my cousin Kim got her that book so that she would have something girly, and currently it's all she wants to read. She has most of it memorized so she reads it to me sometimes also.

She can count in Spanish now. I should be working with her on her German, but I'm worried she'll get too confused. At her school they are learning, Spanish, French and Mandarin. She know's most of her letters and can count up to 20. We iChat (video chat) with Kirsten a few nights a week and she is also obsessed with calling Daddy and Omi & Opa on the phone. So most nights before bed time we make our phone calls so that she can talk about her day and say night-night.

My life has been so busy and crazy I feel like I'm always rushing through everything (dinner, bath, bedtime) and then once the kids are asleep, madly doing all of my chores. Last night I was really tired (Ellis woke up really early yesterday morning- 3:30am) so I just said screw it! I just played with the kids and didn't try to multi-task at all. Tessa helped me put Ellis to sleep and then took a long bath. We played for a while afterwards and then I laid in bed with her for a long time, reading several books and singing 'Mama Tech' (Georgia Tech fight song) over and over. It was so nice to just chill. THEN after she was asleep I took a really long, hot bath; pumped and then went to sleep. Of course the den is a mess and I had to get everything ready this morning for thier days and mine, but it was worth it to have a relaxing night like that.

No comments: