10.25.2010

Moose

Ellis is now 6 months old. I can't beleive it has gone by so fast. We have his 6mo doctor's appointment on Friday so I will update all of his stats then. He is still growing and doing amazing. He rolls all over the place and I am sure will be graduating up to the next class soon.

I stopped nursing him once he started getting teeth about a month ago. He is definitely a chomper and my nipples would not have survived (almost lost 1 one day). Anyways, since I stopped nursing I was still pumping, but my supply dropped even more. This last week, I was pumping just enough for one bottle a day. I have decided to stop pumping. For some reason this has been a very emotional decision for me and still brings me to tears when I talk about it. I know he is a healthy boy and that six months of nursing is a good feat these days, but it's still difficult to let go. Since I make my own baby food, I guess I can pour my energy of pumping into making good and yummy baby food for him.

I guess my grand plans of pumping for at least 9 months when down the drain. It's just so much work (and time away from work) to get a mere 3oz each time. I know it's fine, but as I mentioned, for some reason I am having a difficult time accepting this emotionally. I can't rbing myself to turn in the key to the Mother's Room at work. I may hold onto it for a little while longer.

No comments: