1.04.2012

Bad Mommy

So, since late summer, Tessa has been obsessed with wearing dresses. The times where she has to wear pants, you would think we were torturing her the way she screams and tried to remove her clothing. I have tried all kinds of tactics, her biggest arguement is that Princesses don't wear pants and she wants to be a Princess. I tell her, No, you're not a Princess, you're a beautiful, strong, independent and intelligent woman. She doesn't understand that part.........yet.

Anyways, it's been pretty cold and in a desperate attempt to get her to wear pants I told her she needed to wear pants because it might snow. This was an absolute bold faced lie and after seeing her eyes light up and the excitement that it might snow, I immediatley felt guilty. She wore her paints and never complained, but I felt so guilty all day for getting her hopes up like that. Fortunately, she hasn't brought it up or complained that it never did snow.

It's also helped that in school they walk about weather and since the Teachers are in cahoots with me on getting her to wear pants, they told her that cold weather is for pants and warm weather is for dresses. She repeats this to me often.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is absolutely hilarious.