1.09.2012

Thunder

Ellis has been sick and wakes up sometimes at night. Last night was no exception. As I was rocking with him I heard some distant rumbling and I started thinking about storms. Several of my friends have said that as soon as they hear that first rumble the kids come running. I remember when I was little going into my parents room sometimes, but because I was the older sister I always felt like I had to be the brave one (even though I was terrified sometimes). Fortunately, as of right now, neither Tessa or Ellis have had any issues with lighting and thunder. They are pretty deep sleepers and have slept through every storm we've ever had. And we have had some pretty loud, intense storms.

After I put Ellis to back to sleep, I laid in bed a while listening to the storm. It would have been very peaceful if Mike hadn't been snoring his ass off. I never did go back to sleep, though. I'm a tired Mommy now.

No comments: