9.13.2010

Boss Lady

I always wanted to be called Boss Lady. In construction the Amigos (NOT politically correct - I know) will call a female supervisor Boss Lady. I prefer this to Hefe (which is what they call male supervisors). It's too close to calling me a heifer. Well, it seems Tessa has achieved this title before me. She is one bossy little lady.

Her teachers keep telling me that she is definitely the "leader" of the class. I'm really worried that she may be more of a bully than a leader. There's a big different in having people following you willingly versus being forced into submission, as may be the case with Tessa.

When she speaks to us, it's usually in a loud, direct command.

Sit down, Daddy, Sit.
T: Eat it, Mommy Me: No Thanks, T: EAT IT! MOMMY!
Go peepee, Daddy. Go peepee like a big girl, Daddy.
Mommy, you drive, etc.

When she wants you to come with her, she is very insistent, and will totally ignore you when you say "I don't want to come, I'm reading this book". It's like she doesn't even acknowledge our response. She just keeps on insisting on you coming, or you eating whatever she wants to shove down your throat. Now she has started SNAPPING her fingers to get you to come. She did this to Mike and Opa this weekend and both of them reacted with "Did she really just snap her fingers at me?" I don't know where she picked this up, because neither of us are finger snappers. It was pretty funny at first, but now I'm worried that she is learning some bad habits. We're really going to have to work on her manners.

No comments: