9.08.2010

Siblings

When I was preggers with Ellis, my dear Aunt Kathy told me that one of the great joys of having multiple kids is watching them entertain each other. I now know what she means. With Ellis becoming more and more responsive and vocal, Tessa is really getting into "entertaining" Ellis. She will try to make him laugh or make him happy. She tells him "It's OK, baby" when he cries or will give him a pacifier. We have to watch it sometimes, though, because she does NOT understand the concept of 'gentle' just yet.

Last night Ellis was laying on the floor on his stomach and was watching Tessa running around our bedroom (naked) after her bath. I went into Tessa's room to get her pull-up and jammies. Next thing I know, I hear Ellis squealing and laughing. Tessa was on her tummy in front of him and making her baby noises trying to entice some giggles out of him. He thought this was hilarious. He loves to watch her. She also had these big styrofoam blocks (from my new computer packaging) and for some reason he thought it was really funny when she placed them in front of him. It was just so much fun to watch the two of them interact like that. I am looking forward to what the future has in store for these two.

No comments: