6.27.2011

Fun weekend and lots of GREAT news

I had a GREAT Saturday night up in Greenville celebrating Sam's 40th Birthday with a big group of Ladies. There were 15 of us women and Wade cooked a fabulous 5 or 6 course dinner. I think i'm still feeling some of the effects of the alcohol. It was great hanging out with a bunch of great women and NO KIDS! I really that night away.

Mike had the kids (by himself) Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning and did great. When I pulled up to the house, Ellis was in the swing and Tessa in the pool in the front yard. She cam running up and was so excited to see me. We tried to go to the pool after thier naps, but the thunderstorms closed the pool down early so we just had dinner and hung out.

Great News #1 - Kirsten is leaving Iraq today! She should be on route by now and we just can't wait for her safe arrival home. We won't get to see her until mid-July as she has some affairs to tend to in Del Rio, Texas. BUT the important thing is that she makes it back to the Good Ol' U-S-of-A.

Great News #2 - Mike is back in Atlanta working for 2000 Concrete again and is actually working on a job in Atlanta (Kennesaw to be MORE exact which is about 10-15mins from the house). After 17 months of being out of town, he will come home every night. I am SOOOOO excited. Of course I'll have to get used to the snoring again, but I'll have tons of help with the children duties and cleaning the house and taking out the trash, etc. It still doesn't seem real. Of course, we have a TON of projects that need to be addressed, so I'm sure we'll stay busy over the next couple of months.

So far - life is good!

1 comment:

sam said...

Congratulations! I am so glad things are going great for you guys.