6.28.2011

The kids

Tessa has learned a couple of new expressions. One of them is 'again' and the other is 'because'. Pretty much everything I say is anwered with 'again?". This morning she asked What is today, mommy? and I replied 'Tuesday' and she said 'again?'. In addition to that, everythings is because of something. I'm thirsty because Tinkerbell is laughing" or Ellis is poopy (AGAIN) because he's not listening. And sometimes it just stops at because and then I ask 'because why' and she just says because I said so.

Tessa is taking soccer this summer and so far really likes it. She said she really liked her coach, Diego. I asked if he was cute, she said yes. I may enroll. Mike asked her if he was Mexican, I explained that was not appropiate. Tessa wasn't waying attention as she was taling (again) about doing toe-taps. We've also started Tessa with some swimming lesson. She's had two and already she thinks she's Micheal Phelps. She always wants to swim without her swimmies, she wasnts to go down the water slide (despite her major slide accident) and wants to go off the 'jumping' board. Her swim instructor keeps commenting on how great she is and unafraid of the water.

Ellis is still a little unsure of the whole pool thing. He likes the baby pool since she can stand. We have a little pool at home we bust out sometimes that has a little slide in it. He likes to splash around in there until TEssa comes barreling down the slide and knocks him down. Then he's done and wants out. In the big pool he just clammers on to whoever is holding him. The more we go, the more comfortable he gets. I try to hold him away from me and let him float some. He talks up a storm, but I have yet to decipher what he's saying. I swear he said Princess the other day when pointing to Ms Princess' classroom. He's really ready to move up to the new room.

At the end of the summer there are two kids moving up from the toddler class and then Ellis will move in there. He LOVES it in the room. If I let him walk back to his class, he always veers to the left instead of the right for his room. Ms Laura siad they are working with him on sitting down and staying seated since they do Circle Time in the toddler room. Ellis like to walk too much, so this can be a challenge. He loves to copy Tessa. Whatever she does, he tries to do. If she hides in the closet, he goes and tries to hide in there. If she runs down the hall, he does the same thing. It's SOOOOO much fun watching the two of them together.

No comments: