6.06.2011

Tessa's Birthday










Tessa's Birthday was a really crazy day for us. It was the same day that the Puppies that Kirsten helped rescue from Iraq arrived in Atlanta. 11Alive (local news station) was filming at my parents house and then came to the airport with us. It was just a crazy, hectic day and on top of that, it was my sweet baby girl's 3rd Birthday.

We put her down for a nap at my parents house before we went to get the dogs. We kept hearing her jumping around upstairs, but didn't think much of it. I finally decided to go check on her and when I walked in the 1st thing I smelled was baby powder. Then I started to search for the source and noticed the jar of baby powder scented vaseline next to Ellis' diapers. Then I noticed the entire bottom half of the room covered in vaseline. It was on the walls, the door knob, the windows, the mirrors, Tessa's hair (hence the sweaty look in all of her pictures). It was literally everywhere. I was so mad, and scolded her and made her apologize to Omi and Opa, I almost spanked her, but then it was her Birthday and I've never found spanking to be very effective in her case....now Ellis may be a different story.

Anyway, by the time we got back from the airport, we were pretty drained. So we had a quiet dinner, some cake and presents. She was so excited about her cake and her presents. The next day she got cupcakes and balloons at school. Ever since she makes us sing Happy Birthday anytime she eats a cupcake. I can't believe she's already 3!

No comments: