4.23.2010

Chopped Liver

Ms Princess is the most popular toddler teacher at Tessa's current day-care. I'm not trying to sound racist, but she looks a little bit like Aunt Jemima. She's slighly larger, with the real dark skin and short hair. She has a wonderful personality that the children absolutely love. If she is in the room, no one else matters (not mom, dad, Opa, Omi, or anyone).

This morning when I dropped Tessa off Ms Princess was not in yet, so she went into the Infant Room with Ms Laura. Tessa know Ms Laura very well, as she was her teacher for almost a year. Tessa was in the room playing with one of the babies, Jesse. As I do every morning, I told Tessa "Alright, I have to go to work, bye bye I love you." She started to get really upset and didn't want me to leave. Laura and I tried all kinds of distraction techniques that normally work in this situation (bubbles, books, music, etc.) "No mommy, no mommy, don't go. I carry you (meaning pick me up)." Since there was only one baby in there, Laura suggested we go for a walk and look at the fish (they have a large fish tank at the front with a bunch of colorful fish). This seemed to calm her down, so Laura picked up Jesse and I grabbed a sniffeling Tessa and we walked out of the room to go see the fish.

Just as we walked out the door Ms Princess rounds the corner and Tessa lights up like a Christmas Tree and takes off down the hall suealing with excitement and runs right into her arms. Ms Princess picks her up and gives her a bigg hug and a kiss and Tessa turns to me and says "Bye Bye Mommy" and waves and blows me a kiss. Ms Laura and I died laughing. Two seconds ago, she was all upset and begging me to stay and now that Ms P was there, I might as well have been chopped liver. She is such a GOOBER!

No comments: