4.18.2010

Dirt

With the weather finally warming up, we have spent the majority of our time outside in the yard. Mike and I finally planted our vegetable garden this weekend and planted some flowers (a minor melt-down at the nursery prevented us from doing any further shopping for the garden). THis is where my doubts set in. Tessa LOVES dirt. She loves playing in it, sitting in it, and burrying herself in it. We went through three outfits yesterday. She rubs it on her legs, arms, and face and yes she even eats it! She tries to feed it to the cat and the dogs. I struggle with letting her explore and discover nature versus tearing up my flowers. She always wants to pick the flowers, but she won't pick the Azaleas, which have a million blossoms on them. No, she wants to pick my ONE pretty Dahlia or the Diasy. What about my pretty purple flocks (sp?) there are a hundred pretty little purple flowers on that. Hell, she could pick my favorite Haliboris (sp?) we have so much of it.

It will be interesting to see how this summer goes once the tomatos and jalapenos start to grow. I bet she only picks it and eats it once!

1 comment:

sam said...

Last summer we taught Penny not to pick the hot peppers, but she would pick a sweet pepper off the plant just about everytime we went outside. We hardly got to eat any ourselves because she got them all. Same with the kumquats when they were ripe this December.